Too often great outreach projects go unnoticed--it's really hard to grow an audience and we have little time to do it. So let's work together! Numbat Media was created by biologists keen on increasing public understanding and engagement with science. The success of your project is our success!
- increase public knowledge about the natural world
- Increase public appreciation of basic research through Aim 1 and by humanizing scientists (through sharing stories)
- Foster a creative, interactive community between science communicators & the interested public
We are looking for contributions that will engage the general public (12yo+, and PG-13)--so funny, intriguing, gross, absurdist, nerdy, and outright silly content is extremely encouraged!
- Photo album: preferably photos of wildlife, plants, or landscapes that have a cool story (dealing with ecology, evolution, conservation, human-environmental interface, behavior, etc)
- Videos: Have a funny clip of you lip-syncing over video of your study system? Have a more serious documentary-style project about your research? It's all good!
- Stories: We've all had a lot of ups and downs in our research. Want to share an emotional turning-point in your career? A crazy/hilarious anecdote from the field or the lab?
- Website: Have a cool resource that you want more people to connect with?
Let us know! Shoot us an email, describe what you want to do and we'll talk details! Let's change the conversation!
*Note: Numbat Media makes some of its own content--but we're not about usurping yours. You retain all rights to your material, so if it's important to you, please watermark your photos & video. We're just here to help you connect with more people!